Getting ‘active in your community’ can mean many things. This workshop we will look at why we should promote bike riding in the community and how we might go about it.
Lighthouse Youth Projects run many different types of programs and workshops. Our Get Stoked! sessions are designed to engage young people like yourselves, encourage them to use their local riding spots and also get friends and family involved.
So what does it take to stage an event? Let’s look at just some of the steps:
- Where / When / Who / Where
- Timings / Schedule
- Other aspect such as permits, materials, facilities (toilets are important!!)
- How do we tell people our event is on?
- Do they need to buy tickets?
3. STAGING – The big day!
- Set up
- Check-in/registration – if you need it!
- Run sheet – instructions if required
- Pack down
4. THANKYOU’S AND WRAP UP
- Acknowledge anyone who has helped you out
- Thankyou’s to people who attended
- Payment for anything hired on the day
- Pro’s and Cons – do we need to anything better next time?
VIDEO: Revisit – Lighthouse Youth Projects Jumping 101s
ON THE BIKE: Using what we have learnt in the video, let’s got have a crack at jumping!
INTEROCEPTION ACTIVITY – HANDS UP!
When we complete a simple ride around the park think about how your HANDS feel. Where did you feel it? What did you feel?